COVID-19 Precautions at Glass Art Kalamazoo
Glass Art Kalamazoo is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our community of visitors, renters, and students of our nonprofit glass art center. To ensure we maintain a safe and healthy glass studio and gallery, we have developed the following procedures. Staff, volunteers, studio renters, and visitors will all be asked to remain responsible for following guidelines and keeping each other safe and healthy. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our studio spaces, and that requires full cooperation among our glass arts community.
Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our community! Our updated health and safety procedures follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) guidelines and addresses:
- hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- controls for social distancing
- cleaning, disinfecting, and decontamination
- prompt identification and isolation of sick persons
- protection and controls for pick-up, drop-off and delivery
- communications and instructions for customers
- If you feel even slightly unwell, please stay home. Amended cancellation policies allow for much easier cancellation, please contact Josh Davids at
email@example.com to cancel your class or reservation.
- Please check your temperature before arriving at the studio. If you have even a low-grade fever (at least 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit) stay home except to get medical care.
- Face coverings should be worn whenever possible. Please make sure the mask covers both the face and nose.
- Please enter the building from the front entrance located on Kalamazoo Ave only.
- Exit the building only via the Church St exit located past the WC facilities.
- All customers and visitors are required to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the facility. Hand sanitizer is available in our public space and disinfectant at each workstation for use before and after renting.
- GAK eyewear should be deposited into the designated areas and will be thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Studio occupants are all advised to cover their mouth and nose with their elbow sleeve or tissue when coughing or sneezing and to avoid touching their face, especially their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands.
- Hands should be washed and/or sanitized after each incident.
- Visitors should maintain a distance of at least six feet from other renters, volunteers, and staff members when possible.
- Signage, markings, and instructions for employees, visitors and customers about social distancing are posted throughout the studio.
- The number of employees and visitors allowed in the studio at one time has been reduced.
- Distance between workstations has been increased.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own personal protective equipment, tools, and equipment when possible. Shared items must be disinfected between users.
- GAK will take steps to minimize the handling of cash, credit cards, and mobile or electronic devices.
- GAK will coordinate payments via online invoicing when possible and can be directly contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. No-contact payments can also be arranged for over the phone and through email.
Curbside Pickup. During business hours renters and class participants may pick up their glass work. Instructions for pickup are as follows:
- We request that masks/face coverings are worn during curbside pickups to protect our small group of great staff!
- Pull into the loading dock area of the Park Trades Center located off of Church Street.
- You may call the studio at 269-552-9802 to arrange delivery to your car or you may walk up to the pickup station located at the garage door entrance.
- Within 7 days of pickup, be sure to check the glass to ensure no damage and that all projects are present.